Tom worked at Oscar Mayer as a Sales Rep and subsequently as a New York Region Sales Manager. At General Foods he was a Sales Director. At RJR Nabisco Foods he held several different positions: Regional VP Nabisco; VP of Sales and Distribution, Planters Lifesavers Company. At Planters Lifesavers he established the first dedicated Walmart sales team. He was also a National Accounts VP at RJR Nabisco Foods where he created a National Accounts Sales Organization to represent multiple RJR Nabisco Food Companies to the Drug, Mass and Club Trade Channels (Walmart, Sam’s Club, Costco, etc.).
TJM Sales and Marketing, Inc. is a Walmart Food Brokerage Firm with over 25 years of expertise and a successful track record of outstanding sales growth for regional food brands and private equity held food companies. TJM specializes in processed meats, perishable and frozen foods for both branded and private label. TJM is a special niche food brokerage firm. When manufacturers partner with us they receive the highest level of personal attention and service. We become one dynamic team making regional companies powerful and relevant to the buyers. We bring the expertise of a top consumer products company as we work closely with the manufacturer and the buyers to implement the best sales strategies to produce outstanding results and market share.
TJM Adds Value By:
- New Vendor #s are obtained and set up by working closely with new suppliers and Walmart during the Supplier Agreement Process
- Consulting with the manufacturer to provide concise business plans and analysis
- Creating presentations using our expertise, creativity and communications skills
- Working with the manufacturer for correct price point promotions and strategies
- Being the point of contact between the manufacturer and the buyer
- Making presentations and sales calls
WalMart Planning Cycle
- Know It
- Be Aligned
- Be Proactive
Leverage Market Data Position & Direction
- Identify Opportunity Gaps
- Understand Share Position and Direction
- Show Brand Leadership
- Leverage New Items Not in WalMart Distribution
- Category Advisor Role
- Right item – Right store
- Regional Mix Optimization
- Leverage Sales and Market Analysis to Improve
Drive Momentum in Key Categories
- Identify Opportunities
- Develop Plan to Capitalize (expansion, extension, promotion, brand proliferation)
- Understand & Leverage Market Pricing
- Competitive Strategic Price Points
- Price Gap Analysis
- Promotional Choices
- Comacs, Rollbacks & Special Buys
- Effective Tool for Managing All Aspects of the Business
- Review Reports Daily for Sales and Replenishment Analysis
- Generate Adhoc Reports as Needed
- Develop Automated Systems to Quickly Generate New POs and/or Adjustments Based on Item Inventories and Velocity
Supply Chain, Replenishment and Analysis
- We manage and monitor shipments to ensure vendor meets MABD%, Fill Rate and In-stock % requirements
- Modular Tracking future effective item and store count reporting, initial orders and order tracking
- Forecasting by item short term and long term. Tracking and managing each item through the supply chain
- Seasonal /trend adjustments working closely with replenishment managers and order management to closely analyze and manage in-stocks and out-of-stocks
- Managed traited stores and ensure all items are scanning in traited stores per the Modular
- Understanding Walmart/Sam’s systems and processes i.e. GRS – Global Replenishment System
- Supply Chain Reliability research shortages, overages, deductions, post audits and support manufacturer’s accounting team
- Item Maintenance manage price changes, item description changes, package changes and Walmart requests
- Price Gap Management closely monitor retail price points
- Research claims on deductions and post audits
- Data Mining Retail link and Nielsen
- In depth analysis of the business providing insights on how to expand business, maintain business and succeed at Walmart and Sam’s Club
- Have a clear understanding of Walmart’s direction, goals objectives and timelines
TJM expanded the business for a small regional company to one of Walmart’s largest suppliers in Dept. 97. We have increased sales for other brands/companies 50+% within their first year of working with us.
Our company’s team approach and deep industry knowledge has earned us multiple Broker of the Year awards and the manufacturer, co-managed by TJM, Supplier of the Year awards.
Prior to joining TJM in 2008, T.J. honed his expertise as an Account Rep at Perishable Sales, Inc. in Chicago Illinois, selling Ballpark, Sara Lee Deli, Jimmy Dean, Hillshire Farms, T. Marzettis, Fresh Express, Rondele, Uno’s pizza, Rose Packing Co. and DeLallo products. He then moved on to become a Midwest Regional Sales Manager for Specialty Foods Group selling Nathan’s, Mickelberry, Swift Premium, Kentucky Legend, Field, Fischer, Scott Petersen, William Fischer, and Mosey’s. Currently at TJM, he is a Walmart specialist committed to business development and driving sales.
Jay's expertise in analytics of market share and trends, POS data, replenishment, forecasting and supply chain maximization makes him an integral part of our team. He possesses a thorough understanding of Walmart systems and procedures. Jay specializes in developing customized internal database applications for EDI order management, replenishment and forecasting to meet our clients' needs.
Our Support Staff
We have an experienced and energetic support staff that is unsurpassed in Customer Service, Logistics, Analysis, and EDI transmittals.